“I love the New Jersey Devils because…” Sweepstakes
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. New Jersey Devils “I love the New Jersey Devils because…” Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") begins at 12:00AM Eastern Time ("ET") on Thursday, September 10, 2009 and ends at 8:00 PM ET on Thursday, September 10, 2009 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of a Sweepstakes, as further described below. To enter for the Sweepstakes visit http://twitter.com/NHLDevils.
To enter, begin following the @NHLDevils Twitter account and retweet the following message:
“RT @NHLDevils I love the New Jersey Devils because” with a personalized response and the hashtag #GoDevils
“RT @NHLDevils I love the New Jersey Devils because this is the year they win it all #GoDevils
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to followers of the official NJ Devils Twitter account, located at http://www.twitter.com/nhldevils, who are legal residents of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry in the Sweepstakes. Employees, officers and directors and their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) of New Jersey Devils (“Devils”), National Hockey League, Prudential Center, Attention USA., their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, distributors, suppliers, advertising, promotional, judging, fulfillment and marketing agencies are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: LIMIT one (1) entry per person and email address (Twitter account) during the Sweepstakes Period. Additional entries from the same person and email address are void. Any attempt by a person to use multiple email accounts to enter more than once during the Sweepstakes Period are void.
By entering, entrants accept and agree to these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. All entries become the property of the Devils. Neither, the Devils, National Hockey League, Prudential Center, the “Sweepstakes Judges” (Attention USA,) nor their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, distributors, suppliers, advertising, promotional, judging, fulfillment and marketing agencies, nor the affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and respective employees of each (collectively, “Devils Parties”), assume any responsibility for late, lost, illegible, misdirected, or undelivered entries.
4. SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING AND PRIZES/ODDS: An electronic randomized drawing will be held on or about September 11, 2009 by the Sweepstakes Judges to select five (5) Winners from all Sweepstakes eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Five Prizes Will be Awarded: Each Winner will receive Two (2) tickets to the New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia Flyers home game on Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 7:00 PM EST at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. Average Retail Value of each Prize: $158.00 ($79.00 per ticket).
Prize Restrictions: Winners must be able to attend the event on the date specified by the Devils. The Devils reserves the right to change the date and game listed above All expenses not specified herein (including, but not limited to, taxes and transportation to/from winner’s residence) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Specifics of all prizes are in Devils sole discretion.
PRIZE AWARDING: Limit of one (1) Prize per person, household, and email address. Prizes will only be awarded by the Devils upon potential winners’ verification and approval. No prize substitution, cash equivalent of prizes, transfer or assignment of prizes permitted, except by the Devils in its sole discretion. Potential winning entrants will receive prize notification via electronic mail. Potential winners will have twenty-four (24) hours from receipt of winning notification to confirm that the notification has been received. If a potential winning entrant of any prize cannot be contacted; is ineligible; fails to claim the prize; or if the prize notification is returned undeliverable; or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and the prize will be awarded to an alternate potential winner in a second chance drawing from among all non-winning eligible entries received. Odds of winning in the second chance drawing depend on the number of eligible entries received. After confirming notification receipt, the potential winners will be sent via email, United States Postal Mail and/or overnight mail a Confirmation & Release form. These forms must be completed, signed and returned to the Devils within three (3) days. Taxes, fees, or incidental costs including but not limited to income taxes which may arise and be due or asserted on account of the prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
Winners agree that receiving a prize grants the Devils Parties the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use universe-wide in any media now known or later developed at any time or times, a winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, and biographical information for any purpose, including but not limited to, in advertisements, publicity, and other communications without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. All decisions of the Sweepstakes Judges and the Devils shall be binding and final.
- RELEASE: As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that (1) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form class action; and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney’s fees. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE DEVILS parties AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS OF EACH, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WHICH MAY BE DUE TO OR ARISE OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE/MISUSE OR POSSESSION OF PRIZES, OR ANY PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. ENTRANTS WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- DISCLAIMER: Devils Parties are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Devils reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers with the entry process, and terminate, suspend, cancel or modify the Sweepstakes and award the prizes from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination if for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other causes beyond the control of Devils Parties. Devils Parties and the respective officers, directors, agents and employees of each are not responsible or liable for any events beyond the control of the Devils, which may cause the Sweepstakes to be stopped, including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, nor are they responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Devils on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. The Devils and the Sweepstakes Judges may stop you from participating in thisSweepstakes if you ignore the Sweepstakes Official Rules or act, in the Devils’ sole discretion: (a) in a manner the Devils determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or the Devils Parties; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Should more prizes be awarded through a computer hardware or software malfunction, error or failure, or for any other reason, in any prize category, than are stated for that category in the Official Rules, the Devils reserves the right to award only the number of prizes stated in the Official Rules for that category. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in Rule #5.
CAUTION: ANY ACT OR ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or winners, the Devils , and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the courts of the State of New Jersey.
8. WINNERS LIST/ADMINISTRATOR: To receive a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by October 1, 2009 to: I Love the New Jersey Devils Because Winners List Request, c/o Attention USA, 532 Broadway, 10th Floor, New York, New York 10012 (the “Administrator”).