DEVILS ACQUIRE SCHNEIDERDevils get goaltender Cory Schneider from Vancouver in exchange for the 2013 ninth overall pick.
The Devils have made the biggest splash of the 2013 NHL Draft at Prudential Center, acquiring coveted goaltender Cory Schneider from Vancouver in exchange for the ninth-overall pick.
Schneider, 27, posted a 17-9-4 record last season with a 2.11 goals-against average, .927 save percentage and five shutouts. In 2011-12, he notched a career-best 20 wins with a 1.96 GAA and three shutots in 33 appearances.
The Marblehead, Mass., native owns a career mark of 55-26-8 with a 2.20 GAA, .927 save percentage and nine shutouts in 98 games.
THANK YOU FANS for making the Fan Fest presented by Stronger than the Storm a huge success!
- Round 1:
Devils get goaltender Cory Schneider from Vancouver in exchange for the 2013 ninth overall pick.
- Round 2:
37th Pick Traded to PHX
42nd Overall - Steve Santini WATCH VIDEO
- Round 3: 73rd Overall - Ryan Kuhawinski VIEW PROSPECT INFO
- Round 4: 100th Overall - Miles Wood VIEW PROSPECT INFO
- Round 5:
Traded to Sabres
- Round 6:
160th Overall - Myles Bell VIEW PROSPECT INFO
- Round 7:
Anthony Brodeur WATCH VIDEO
THE 2013 NHL DRAFT TRADING CARD AND MEMORABILIA SHOW
Fans attending the 2013 NHL Draft at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ on June 30 will be able to take in the NHL Draft Trading Card & Memorabilia Show presented by Panini America and Upper Deck located on the main concourse behind sections 11-16.
From 1:00pm to 9:00pm, fans of all ages will be able to peruse rare hockey memorabilia and purchase trading cards featuring their favorite players and teams, past and present from several trading card booths; have their photo taken in the “Personalized Trading Card” station; and view the entire Hockey Hall of Fame Trophy Collection, including the most revered trophy in all professional sports, the Stanley Cup. As a special treat, fans will be able to have their photo taken with the Stanley Cup from 1:00-3:00 p.m. and from 5:00-8:00 p.m.
HOCKEY CAREER CONFERENCE AT 2013 NHL DRAFT
(NHL Draft tickets included)
Join Sports Management Worldwide, June 29th-30th, for a Hockey Career Conference at the 2013 NHL Draft as the home of the New Jersey Devils becomes the center of the hockey universe. This is your opportunity to gain valuable insight into a variety of careers from those working at the highest level in hockey, and sports in general. This event will offer unique panel discussions, as well as question & answer periods designed to solidify the knowledge of every participant. This sports business conference includes diverse panels including marketing, management, athlete representation, scouting, player personnel, media and broadcasting, and sports career strategies.
(College credit available for attending.)
- Toronto Maple Leafs former GM Brian Burke
- Pat Brisson NHL Agent, CAA (represents Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Anze Kopitar, Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Henrik and Daniel Sedin, John Tavares and potential top 2013 draft picks Seth Jones and Nathan MacKinnon)
- Sports Management Worldwide President Lynn Lashbrook
- Jon Christiano, Sabres Director of Pro Scouting
- EJ Hradek, Sr Reporter for NHL Network/NHL.com. Host, NHL Live!
- Jim Price, Rinknet Scouting
- Trevor Whiffen, OHL London Knights Governor & Memorial Cup Chairman
- Mike Johnston, WHL Portland Winterhawks GM & Head Coach
- Travis Green, WHL Portland Winterhawks Asst. Coach
- Kyle Gustafson, WHL Winterhawks Asst Coach
- Dino Caputo, Tri City Americans Scout
- Manny Schmidt, NHL Agent
- Mike Oke, OHL Peterborough Petes GM
- Szymon Szemberg, International Ice Hockey Federation (25% of all NHL players are from Europe)
- Joe Favorito, Sports Media guru
- Chris Botta, Sports Business Journal/New York Times writer on NHL
- Brandt Berglund, XOS Technology
- Blair MacKasey, Minnesota Wild Director of Player Personnel
- NHL Scouts
- Hockey Media
- And many more...
Registration, complete speaker list, and details for the Sports Management Worldwide NHL Draft Conference are now available here.
Registration is limited to the first 125 people. This event has sold out in past years, drawing attendees from all over North America. The cost of the conference is $225-$300 and includes lower bowl level draft tickets in Prudential Center to all seven rounds of the 2013 NHL Draft, a Saturday networking lunch with hockey speakers and attendees, buses to and from New York Times Square to Prudential Center, official name badge, attendee packet, and all conference sessions. College credit for both graduate and undergraduates is available.
This event is being held at the New York Times Square Marriott Marquis. For more information on the 2013 NHL Draft Sports Career Conference visit Sports Management Worldwide.
Questions contact email@example.com or call 1-877-SMWW-Now (503-445-7105)